Mackerel Nage with Cider Vinegar-
- Start by preparing the mackerel fillets. Remove the remaining fish bones and put the mackerels aside, ready to cook.
- Next, prepart the nage, meaning the bouillon, which serves to poach the mackerels later on.
- Peel the onions and carrots.
- Melt some butter. Incorporate the onions and carrots.
- Add some salt.
- After about 2-3 minutes, incorporate the white wine. Let it cook for a few minutes.
- Then, add the water (1 pint) and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, put the mackerels in an oven-plate with butter.
- If the mackerels are too large, cut them in half. Salt and pepper. Put it in the oven.
- Pour the hot nage over it. Wait until it lightly starts to boil. Then, pour the cider vinegar over it and let it infuse. Let it cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Decorate with some dill. Serve lukewarm, according to your taste.