Onion stuffed with Foie Gras, cooked in the oven
Onion stuffed with Foie Gras, cooked in the oven-
- Cook the onions in the oven for about 45 minutes on a bed of salt. Remove the top (cap) of the onion and empty the onion using a spoon.
- Roughly hack the onion. Cook it with coriander and cream. Salt and pepper.
- Add, just before serving, the foie gras leftovers and parsley. Salt and pepper.
Xeres sauce preparation:
- Reduce a little bit of the Xeres vinegar and add the dark fond. Season with salt and Cayenne pepper. Incorporate the butter and some drops of vinegar, just before serving
- Mix all the ingredients and adjust the seasoning, if necessary.
Ending and presentation:
- Reheat the emptied onions in the oven. Fill them with the onion cream.
- Put 2 foie gras dice on top of each onion with some vinegar.
- Garnish with a dried, round onion slice, the top (cap) of the onion and 2 pieces of chive.
- Place these onions on some round napkin holders or other small round device, so that they stay in equilibrium.