Leg of young goat with turnip compote in gremolata sauce
Leg of young goat with turnip compote in gremolata sauce-
Preparation of the turnip compote:
- Stew the onion with 0.35 oz. butter. Add the turnip compote (like for the sauerkraut, if the compote is too strong, wash it a little bit).
- Moisten with white wine and fowl bouillon. Then, cook with the juniper.
- After 30 minutes cooking, there should only be a few spoons of liquid left. Bind with the raw potato and 1 oz. butter. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Salt and pepper the gigot and color it gently in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Add butter and continue the cooking for 8 minutes. From time to time, sprinkle with water.
- Put the gigot on the grill and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Put all the ingredients in a small saucepan, except the parsley. Reheat slowly.
- Season with some salt and end by adding parsley.
Ending and presentation:
- Cook the potatoes in salted water. Drain and butter lightly.
- Place the turnip compote on a dish and top if with the young goat leg (the gigot de cabri), covered with gremolata.
- Put the potatoes around the ensemble. Present this plate to your guests and cut it right in front of them. Serve a gravy bowl with the dark cabri fond with it.