Carre d'agneau in a crust of herbs with apples
Carre d'agneau in a crust of herbs with apples-
- First of all, brown the carres in a pan with some butter.
Preparation of the crust:
- Mix all the ingredients, but keep some herbs for the sauce later on. Spread the mixture over the meat. Tap with a spatula so that it sticks to the meat.
- Heat 0.85 cups lamb fond and add the dried cepe mushrooms. Take it from the flame and let it infuse for 30 minutes. Strain the sauce to remove the cepe mushrooms. Add butter and mix.
- Reduce about half of the lamb fond and add the herbs. Store aside.
Apple preparation (Paolo):
- Cut the potatoes in slices of 0.1 in thickness and about 2.4 in diameter.
- Take 4 small bowls of 2.8-3.2 in diameter. Fill them half with goose grease. Heat the bowls.
- Make 4 piles with the potato slices and cook them in the bowls on full flame for 15 minutes.
- When they are well coloured and crusty, take the potatoes out off the bowl. Drain on a piece of linen.
- Heat the kidney beans in cepe mushroom butter. Put the carres again for 5 minutes in the oven at 356 degrees F. Slice them afterwards.
- Make a bed of kidney beans with the cepe mushroom butter on the 4 hot serving dishes. Place the le carre d'agneau on it and pour the sauce with herbs around it.
- Put the apples (Paolo) on the dish and garnish with a piece of chervil.