Stuffed vegetables from the Provence region
Stuffed vegetables from the Provence region-
- To prepare the stuffing, hack the smoked bacon, salted bacon and some lamb and calf. Boil the whole with fresh garlic, herbs and cebettes.
- Mix with some egg and milk. Sprinkle parmesan over the whole and sprinkle with olive oil.
- Start to prepare the vegetables, so that they can be stuffed later on.
- Remove the tomato cores, without removing the membranes.
- Salt them, so that they exceed their last moisture.
- Empty the zucchini, keeping the inside in order to prepare the vegetable stuffing, which follows afterwards.
- The feet of the Paris mushrooms must be cut into small dice and mixed with the other vegetables.
- Remove the heads and the cores from the pepper.
For the cabbage:
- it is sufficient to remove the leafs. Keep the largest external leafs. Cut the onion in half. Cook them before emptying.
>For the cooking of the vegetables:
- Blanch them separately in boiling water.
- This means, for the cabbage and the mushrooms: 1 minute; the pepper and onion: 4-5 minutes; the zucchinis: hardly 1 minute. The boiling water should be lightly salted.
- Refresh the vegetables in the ice-cubes and drain them directly afterwards.
- To prepare the stuffing: hack the whole lightly, before putting it all together in the mixer.
- Then, when you have minced it, but not too much, add 2 eggs, 1.1 cups milk, salt, and the pepper from the mill.
- The mix should be hand-made, so that the result is more homogenous and well compact.
- Fill the vegetables with the stuffing, letting it deboard. Next, put the grated parmesan and some olive oil.
- Concerning the cabbage, put a good spoon stuffing, the pepper and a drop of olive oil in each leaf. it in the oven for 30 minutesâ?¦and the whole is marvellously gratinated and ready to be served!