Beef Cooking Recipes on Video : Beef strate with red wine
Beef strate with red wine-
- Cut the foie gras in escallops, season and cook it in a pan. Afterwards, drain it on absorbing paper and store it aside.
Preparing the strate:
- Cut the beef fillet in 3 slices, following their length. Flatten them slightly, salt, and pepper.
- Take one of the slices and add the following layers: beef, liver, beef. (Continue by placing alternately beef and liver, finishing with the beef on top) Attach it with a string like you do with a roast. Wrap it and close it in a foil. Store it cold.
- Withdraw the foil and boil in a saucepan with 1.76 oz. butter. Add the ornaments and cook in the oven for about 5 minutes.
- Take out the roast and store it warm.
- Degrease the saucepan, add the aromatic garnishing, moisten it with red wine and let it cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Withdraw the beef ornaments and put them first in a mixer, then in the Chinese tin-plate. Finally, season them.
- While waiting that the sauce reduces, cook the vegetables by blanching them separately. Then, deice them.
- In order to have shiny vegetables, they have to be relatively tender. Do the same with the turnips, potatoes and leek.
- Blanch the potatoes in some water and put them in a pan with butter to colour them.
- Take off the string of the strate and cut it in half.
- Then, place it on the serving dish with the iced vegetables.
- Add some butter in the now finished sauce to bind and soften it.
- Pour the sauce carefully on the serving dish, avoiding to put too much over the vegetables and the strate. Enjoy your meal!