Grilled Foie Gras with Roasted Seasonal Fruits
Grilled Foie Gras with Roasted Seasonal Fruits-
- Cut a nice slice of about 0.4 in thickness. Cut the fruits into quarters and the figs in half. Break off little branches of 4-5 grapes from the large bunch of grapes.
- The sauce consists of 1 cup reduced port wine.
- In the meanwhile, put the foie gras to grill on the wood fire. While you do so, start to cook the fruits in some duck grease as well. Start with the apples and the pear, which take the most time to cook.
- Once they become coloured, add the figs and the grapes. Take the fruits off the fire, when they obtain a nice colour as well.
- The foie gras and the fruits are cooked. The wine is basically reduced to ¾. Its consistency should be similar to the one of a syrup-like juice.
- Pour some of the port juice on the bottom of the plate. Add the roasted fruits and a thin slice of goose liver. Finally, decorate with some fleur de sel.