Marinated Salmon Ballotin with Fennel
Marinated Salmon Ballotin with Fennel-
- Place the salmon fillet on a plate.
- Put the leek green, fennels and carrots on top of it.
- Add some rough salt, sugar, dry fennel and pepper.
- Marinate for 48 hours in the refrigerator.
- Mince the leek white and fresh mushrooms.
- Sweat in butter for about 5 minutes. Season. Let it cool down.
- Remove the vegetables from the salmon fillet.
- Then, cut it into, long, slices (layers).
- Overlap 2,3 slices. Place the vegetables on it and roll. Close the ballotin.
- Facultative: if you like, you can keep the leek green in order to extract some very thin thongs, which could be used as band for the small package.
- Decorate with the fennel green and olive oil as you like it.