Beef fillet with red wine-
- To prepare the sauce, start by cutting the beef bones in pieces and grill them in the oven at 392 degrees F for about 1 hour.
- Then, put the bones, freed from the grease, in a steel pot with carrots, celery, onion, tomatoes, laurel and 0.5 gallons wine.
- Bring it to boil. Let it boil on a small flame and reduce to ¾, eliminating from time to time the grease and other impurity on the surface.
- In the meanwhile, boil the shallot with 1.76 oz. butter and sugar. When the sauce starts to caramelize, add the remaining wine and boil lightly, until the wine is completely evaporated. Add the previous reduction and boil for about 5 minutes, adding a pinch of salt.
- Remove the sauce from the flame. Add the remaining cold butter, cut in small pieces, and mix with a beater. In the end, strain the sauce.
- Salt and saute the medallions in a pan, in the beginning on a strong, then on a small flame for about 8-10 minutes.
- At the same time, saute the spinach in a pan with butter. Cut the medallions vertically in slices of about 0.2 in thickness.
- Place the spinach in the middle of the serving dish. Lay the medallion slices around it, and, finally, add the wine sauce on the border you just created.