Eggplant Caviar with Tomato Sauce-
- Wash the eggplants and cut them in half, following their length. Place them on a dish, which can be roasted. Wash the 2 tomatoes and peel the onion.
- Mince the whole and sprinkle it over the eggplants.
- Season with salt, pepper (using a pepper mill) and thyme.
- Pour the olive oil over the eggplants. Cook in the oven at 356 degrees F for 75-90 minutes.
- Once the eggplants are cooked, use a spoon to remove pulp from their skin. Mix the pulp with the onion and tomatoes to make a puree, by hand or using a machine.
- Cut the eggplant skin into small dice. Incorporate them into the eggplant caviar. Adjust the seasoning and store cold.
- For the tomato sauce preparation, put 6 tomatoes for 1 minute into boiling water and prune them. Cut them in half and remove their seeds. Put the tomatoes in a robot-coupe and let it turn for 2 minutes. Then, put it in the Chinese. Season with salt, pepper (mill) and some drops of Xeres vinegar. Store it in the cold.
- Place the eggplant caviar as a circle in the middle of each of the four dishes. (Use a form to make perfectly round circles.) Pour the tomato sauce around it. Place the green and violet basil leafs on the caviar.