Foie Gras on a rosette of Caramelized Apples - Chef Johann Lafer
Foie Gras on a rosette of Caramelized Apples-
- Grate the peeled apple and cook it in a small pan with butter and some sugar in form of a galette. Add cane sugar on top of it.
- Cook the foie gras in a pan with very little oil.
- Turn it around and sprinkle with some Calvados.
- Take the foie gras out of the pan.
- Now, pour the dark veal fond in this same pan with Madere. Add some Calvados and reduce.
- Place the caramelized apple rosette on the serving dish.
- Garnish with the salad around it.
- Then, disperse some pine nuts, olive oil as well as white balsamic vinegar.
- Lay 2 foie gras slice on top of it and add some dark veal fond with Calvados. Serve!