Potato Waffle with Caramelized Apple Cake
Potato Waffle with Caramelized Apple Cake-
- Prepare a potato puree (potatoes cooked with skin). Melt some butter. Mix all the ingredients to obtain semi-liquid dough.
- Pour it in the waffle iron until you obtain a nice, colored waffle. Store aside.
- Peel and prepared the apples. Cut them into thin slices.
- Stew the apples in butter with sugar and lemon juice until the liquid is evaporated.
- Pour some caramel at the bottom of the forms.
- Then, cover with the apple slices. (About 1.2 in height.)
- Let it cook for 12 minutes at 392 degrees.
- Remove it from the form and put it on a serving dish to let it drain before you serve it.
- Cook the milk. Beat the yolk and sugar until they blanch. Pour the milk over the eggs and put the whole in a saucepan. Reheat on a small flame (around 190 degrees F). Stir continuously.
- End the cooking by adding the crème fraiche.
- Let it cool down and put it in the ice-cream-freezer with the alcohol.
- Place the apple cake in the middle of the dish. Add the ice-cream and warm waffle. Decorate with a dried apple slice and pour some caramel over it. Decorate with some mint and drops of reduced apple juice.