Roasted pineapple with vanilla and flambeed with old rum
Roasted pineapple with vanilla and flambeed with old rum-
- Peel and prepare the pineapple.
- Cut 4 thick slices and withdraw the hearts (core).
- Preheat the pan and add 20 g butter. Once the butter turns hazelnut-brown, put the pineapple inside.
- Sear well. Sprinkle with sugar and let it caramelize.
- Flambe with old rum.
- Pour orange juice over it and add the vanilla pods (cut in half, following their length).
- Boil the whole on small flame, moistening the pineapples from time to time.
- Once you obtain a syrup-like sauce, the pineapples are cooked.
Presentation and arrangement:
- Place a pineapple slice in the middle of a serving dish and cover it with sauce. Lay a scoop of vanilla ice-cream on top of it.
- Put a currant grape and mint leaf as decoration next to it.
- Serve this dessert warm.