Foie gras, vegetable vinaigrette and Vino Santo
Foie gras, vegetable vinaigrette and Vino Santo-
- Cut the vegetables into small dice and saute with some shallots in olive oil.
- Prepare a vinaigrette with walnut oil and agretto di vino santo.
- Blanch the onion flowers.
- Cut the potato into long, thin slices. Take two slices each and assemble them as a cross or X. Now, attach all the Xs to obtain a line of squares, that is: a grid of potatoes. Fry.
- Put the remaining hacked shallots with walnut oil in a saucepan. On a small flame, wait until the shallot turns translucent. Add the agretto.
- Strongly heat another anti-adhesive pan.
- Flour the foie gras escallops very lightly. Season and put the into the dry, but burning hot pan. Count exactly 20 seconds for each side.
- Place the foie gras escallops in the middle of each preheated serving dish. Put an onion flower on the edge and add a spoon ratatouille. Then, pour the vinaigrette over it. Decorate the dish with caper fruits and and walnut pieces. Finally, lay the potato grid over the foie gras.