Crunchy mille-feuille with vanilla cream
Crunchy mille-feuille with vanilla cream-
- Spread the dough as large rectangle with a thickness of about 0.1 in.
- Cook in the oven at 428 degrees F on a baking tray. Place a grill on top of it, so to avoid that the dough does not grow too much.
- After cooking, cut the dough into 4 equal rectangles of 3.5 in lenght and 1.6 in width, one for each person.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and caramelize. Turn the squares around and caramelize from the other side.
- Mix 0.55 lbs. creme patissiere with the vanilla pod.
- Stir, so that the mixture becomes homogene and creamy.
- Beat 0.55 lbs. creme fraîche and incorporate it to the previous mixture with ½ tbsp. powdered sugar.
- Stir delicately with a wooden spoon.
- Mix the raspberries with water. Then, strain it in the Chinese to remove the seeds. Add the sugar to this raspberry juice. Stir to incorporate it well. Store cold until serving.