Guinea fowl supreme with endives and hypocras sauce
Guinea fowl supreme with endives and hypocras sauce-
- Boil all the hypocras ingredients (wine, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and clove). Then, remove it from the flame and let it infuse (soak) for 1 night.
- Prepare a caramel with 0.44 lbs. sugar. Deice with the spiced wine by filtering with a sieve. Then, reduce until it becomes thick.
- Boil down the minced endives, without their trunks, in 1.8 oz. butter.
- Season with salt, pepper, lemon juice and sugar.
- Stir well and cook on full flame for 15-20 minutes.
- The endives must be almost caramelized or preserved, respectively.
- First season, then roast the guinea fowls in butter and oil.
- Terminate the cooking in the oven. Sprinkle from time to time.
- Take them out off the pan after 5-6 minutes and let them rest for 5 minutes.
- Boil down the dark fond with the hypocras until obtaining a syrup-like consistency.
- Place the endives on the serving dishes. Lay the guinea fowls next to them and cover with sauce.