Gilthead charlotte with eggplants
Gilthead charlotte with eggplants-
- Peel the eggplants, cut them into round slices of about 0.2 in thickness. Salt.
- Let them soak for one hour.
- Afterwards, drain and fry them in pan wiht olive oil.
- Brown each side. Then, drain them on absorbing paper.
- Boil and peel the tomatoes. Withdraw the seeds before cutting them in dice.
- Afterwards, cook them with olive oil and season.
- Prepare and cut the gilthead fillets into pieces. Salt, pepper.
- Butter 4 small Pyrex molds and place one slice eggplant, the gilthead pieces, another eggplant slice, more gilthead pieces, a spoon tomato dice, some basil and, finally, another eggplant slice to terminate. If the eggplant slices are smaller than the mold, take more slices to fill it sufficiently.
- Boil the hacked shallots in butter. Moisten with white wine. Reduce half of it. Add the crème fraiche. Boil for 2 minutes and put it in the mixer.
- Add some tomato dice and basil.
- Then, cook the charlotte for 15 minutes at 428 degrees F in a bain-marie, covered with aluminium paper. Or, as alternative, wrap each mold with foil and cook it in the microwave for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove each charlotte from the mold and place them on a serving dish. Cover with sauce, decorate the tomatoes and a basil leaf, and serve!
This recipe can also be done with another fish fillet. Try it!