Chicory sauteed with foie gras-
- Cut the foie gras slices, using a cutting machine, in order to obtain very thin slices of about 0.1 in thickness each. Store them cold on a dish that is lightly moistened with cold water.
- Cut the chicory into chunks of about 1.2 in each.
- Wash them well and let them dry. Saute in oil and butter for about 2 minutes on a strong flame.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg, pepper, salt and sugar.
- Let it lightly caramelize. Deice with Xerès vinegar.
- Add truffles and let it macerate for another 10 seconds.
- Place the sauteed chicory on a warm serving dish and dispose the foie gras, so that, due to the heat, the foie gras melts. Sprinkle with the mixed pepper.