Fish bouillon from Tigullio-
- Clean the fish. Cut the heads into pieces.
- Cut the carrots, celery and onion into small pieces and simmer them in a large cocotte with olive oil, thyme, and the crushed garlic cloves.
- Let it cook for a few minutes on a small flame. Add the fish heads and stir on full flame.
- Moisten with white wine and add the tomatoes, cut in small pieces. Flour the fish tales and simmer on full flame in a large saucepan. Drain the oil and put them in a pan with the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and let it cook for 10 minutes. Turn the flame off and remove the heads and fishbones.
- Strain the bouillon in a sieve and cook for another 3 minutes with some cut fish meat (in small pieces).
- Serve with croutons (bread crusts) prepared in olive oil and with thyme.