Magret de canard with Cognac and port-wine
Magret de canard with Cognac and port-wine-
- Cut 4 steaks with the magrets. Withdraw the skin, cut a cross below it and make a whole with your thumb.
- Keep the parts you just cut off and hack them.
- Boil the cognac, port-wine and the mix of peppercorns.
- Once reduced, add the cream and the stock and continue to reduce to ¾.
- Next, pour the duck sauce, which is still lukewarm, into the bag of ice-cubes and store it in the freezer.
- Heat the oil in the deep fryer.
- Peel the potatoes and, using a machine or a knife, cut thin, long stripes, like spaghetti. Fry them. While doing so, gather the long stripes together in order to make little, round â??nestsâ??. Put them on absorbing paper and salt them.
- Put an ice-cube into each duck steak and close it with the hacked duck meat. Then, put them in a pan, the incised side facing down.
- Water during the cooking and turn around after 20 minutes. Continue to water, salt, pepper and put it on a dish in the oven at 390 degrees F for 2-3 minutes.
- Place the steak in the center of the serving dish. Put the nest of pommes pailles on top if it, like a hat, and decorate the edge of the dish with peppercorns. Serve without waiting.